I have been trying to be "cost efficient" recently with my crafting and using what I have around the house to make projects. So far, I have been VERY successful! Last night, I went on the hunt for a picture frame with intentions of making an earring holder. I found this rather large black picture frame and a new idea popped into my mind - we need a place to scribble down love notes and make lists in the kitchen so why not make a memo board. PERFECT!
1. Paint the picture frame. I used white to match our cabinets.
2. While the frame is drying, apply the fabric to the back of the frame.
Our kitchen is red with white cabinets, so I went looking through scraps of fabric to see what would coordinate. I found two fabrics - one teal with red flowers and the other was white and yellow checkered. Either one would go with the kitchen, but I took into consideration the yellow that I had in the dinning room on some other items, so I decided to run with that.
3. Lay the back of the frame face down on the fabric and trim off any excess.
4. Use an adhesive glue spray to lightly spray the front of the board and attach the fabric, smoothing it out as you go. Start with the left side and work your way across the board. Once the front is day, lightly spray the back edges and secure fabric.
5. (OPTIONAL) Add vinyl/sticker letters to the fabric.
6. Put the picture frame back together. As you can see I changed the placement of my stickers from the center to the left side...pretty much becuase I couldn't center them to save my life.
7. Find a spot on your wall to put in the drivewall screw + metal screw to hang your memo board.
8. Take your dry erase marker and get to writing!
The perfect list/organizer/love note writer at your convinience!
Casey has no more excuses for not writing me a nice little morning note every now and again :)